AVIXA™, the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association, is pleased to announce the release of its newest standard, Rack Building for Audiovisual Systems (F502.01:2018), which details the requirements for integrating AV systems into racks by providing a process for consistent assembly, mounting, and cable management.
This standard covers the fundamental elements of building a reliable AV equipment rack, including:
- Assembly of AV equipment racks, associated options, and accessories in single and multi-rack installations.
- Mounting and affixing of rack-mount and non-rack-mount AV equipment.
- Cable management, including planning, lacing, location, and separation of signal and power cables for cable management entering and within racks.
- Final cleaning, labeling, and finishing of the AV rack build.
Visualization director Nick Pidgeon, CTS was honoured to be a part of this standard throughout its development with a team of fellow AV experts, AVIXA Rack Building Task Group Members:
- Moderator: Timothy Troast, Middle Atlantic
- John Bailey, CTS-D, CTS-I, Whitlock
- Jason Brameld, Torpedo Factory Group
- Jay Franetovich, CTS, Middle Atlantic
- Jason Rouzaire, CTS-D, CTS-I, Ideal Systems Asia Pacific
- David Samura, International Criminal Courts
To read the full press release, visit the AVIXA website here.