We are seeking an experienced Logistics & Distribution Manager to join our growing team in Maidenhead
Visualization are audio visual service and product specialists, providing quality systems, helpful solutions & flawless integration to resellers. We are experiencing expediential growth and are looking for the right people to deliver the exciting opportunities that we are being presented with.
We are seeking a Logistics and Distribution Manager to work alongside our US partner. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the distribution of high-end audio-visual equipment to various end users across the UK initially, with Europe following shortly afterwards. Alongside managing the team, you will be involved with recruiting, you will co-ordinate the transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods. You will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time as there is no margin for error.
Understanding the whole supply chain is vital so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers and customers. You will have a hands-on approach, whilst looking to deliver better performance, identifying and driving continuous improvement.
As a logistics and distribution manager, you will need to:
- To assess factors of supply chain such as logistics, order management, warehouse space management and information systems.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport teams, planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods.
- Monitoring compliance to GDPR procedures.
- Manage and control operational costs in an effective manner.
- Take responsibility for Staff recruitment/retention and ensure regular training is carried out for the team.
- Maintain a safe working environment which complies with all aspects of the company’s H&S policy.
- Attending and facilitating regular operational meetings with staff to communicate consistent objectives and performance.
- Establish, monitor and maintain agreed performance levels for all warehouse activity.
- Maintain and review all procedures for efficiency and continuous improvement in operations.
- Experience of managing a warehouse environment in a highly regulated industry in the capacity of supply chain & distribution manager.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Good understanding of the importance of the warehousing operation in a manufacturing environment.
- Good Distribution Practice knowledge would be preferable.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of stock management systems and competent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel etc.).
- Ability to embrace change and to drive forward and deliver operating plan objectives.
- Strong leadership traits and be competent in people management.
- Experience in Health & Safety training e.g. an IOSH Managing Safety qualification (not mandatory).
- Good organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Up to £35,000 depending on experience.
Please apply by sending your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visualization is committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.
* Recruitment agencies
We do not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies and will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions